I will not die an unlived life I will not live in fear of falling Or of catching fire I choose to inhabit my days To allow my living to open me Making me less afraid More accessible To loosen my heart So that it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise I choose to risk my significance. To live so that that which comes to me as seed Goes to the next as blossom And that which comes to me as blossom Goes on as fruit. --Donna Markova

Monday, April 04, 2005

Judging People

So...I was thinking about how crazy/emotional/hormonal/teenage-girl-esque ppl must think I am when they read this blog...especially if they don't know me. And then I was thinking about my blog title "Musings From An Emotional Mind" and how when I came up w/ that (2+ years ago) I thought it was kind of funny b/c I'm not an emotional person that much...I'm not all about drama (no really, I swear in real life I'm not). But the stuff I write on here is just sort of pouring out of my head w/o regard to audience or filtering mechanisms that would dictate normal behavior/conversation so it's as screwed up and emotional as I think everyone is in their head (or at least I hope they are...psychosis loves company or something like that). And I kind of think like "oh, no one will judge me based on what I write on here b/c they don't have that right...it's my stuff from my head and if they don't like it they can go jump off a cliff." Okay, well in reality you don't have to give anyone permission to judge you. And you don't need their permission to judge them. It's human nature to size ppl up...try to fit them in the appropriate boxes so you can relate to them in some sort of familiar way. Okay, I have no idea where that was going when it started...

Anyway, I'm thinking of changing the title of my blog. Suggestions are welcome.

Okay, off to study for my ecology exam tomorrow. Yeah, def. had my econ exam this morning and didn't have a clue on the first question (the defintions and examples of moral hazard and adverse selection)...I didn't study. So, I guessed (partially correctly, I think), but there goes 20 points if I got it all the way wrong. 20 points out of 100. Not a pretty place to start. On the upside, my appointment w/ my advisor went well and he was supportive of my attempting academic suicide (18 credits for the rest of my freakin' life) and put me in touch w/ two Accounting-specific people to consult. And it's gorgeous outside, so life seems totally manageable! If anyone wants to play volleyball sometime this week, come find me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home