I will not die an unlived life I will not live in fear of falling Or of catching fire I choose to inhabit my days To allow my living to open me Making me less afraid More accessible To loosen my heart So that it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise I choose to risk my significance. To live so that that which comes to me as seed Goes to the next as blossom And that which comes to me as blossom Goes on as fruit. --Donna Markova

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Terrible, horrible, very-bad day. But it's getting better b/c the weather is cool.

And I met a guy. He's pretty cool. We're going to do something this Sunday afternoon...maybe go bowling. He said he'd figure it out. Oh...this isn't the guy I asked out before. That didnt' work out. I mean...the moment passed or whatever. I met this guy (his name is Cole, by the way--I don't know why I'm not referring to him by name) at the business school library this afternoon while I was freaking out trying to get my Coventry application done and mailed on time. And I was in a bad mood. And I was definitely doing the whole grungy thing. And we hit it off anyway. He's a business major (finance or marketing, I can't remember which), a junior, he went to Scotland last year to study abroad, and...that's about as far as we got. So hopefully he's not a serial killer. Cause he was cute AND funny...wait, am I dreaming? Oh, nope...pinched myself...I'm awake. So that makes the day a little better. Think about how excited I normally would be at suddenly having a sunday afternoon "date" w/ a cute guy...then imagine how bad my day had to be that I'm only marginally excited. Oh well, I'll be excited tomorrow.

Maybe

Katie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home